EDITION #1. BERITI (6 pack)NITRO COFFEE
EDITION #1. BERITI. Ethiopian coffee. Hot brewed flash chilled to extract all the natural sweetness and canned with nitrogen to keep it fresh, creamy, and delicious.
*STORE CHILLED* / 6 PACK
You are holding in your hands the first edition of our Nitro coffee.
Inside is the Ethiopian heirloom natural processed coffee from 600 smallholder farmers. They are located in Beriti, Tore, Yirgacheffe on the 1770masl altitude. Coffees from Yirgacheffe are unique,and we are crazy about them. In 2017 the prime minister of Ethiopia allowed a reform that enabled co-operatively owned washing stations to export directly. Before the reform, all the coffee from Ethiopia was sold with the involvement of the Ethiopian government. This reform has givena much bigger transparency and traceability.
It is hot brewed and flash chilled to extract all the natural flavors. Adding nitrogen to this coffee results in an even creamier body beverage and highlights the honey sweetness of the drink. Try it chilled on its own or get creative and mix it up.
There are about 600 producers in the region who are served by Beriti Washing Station, many of whom own less than 1 hectare of farmland on which they typically grow other crops like bananas and corn. The washing station was founded in the year 2000, and produces both Natural and Washed lots. Producers deliver the coffee in cherry form, and it will be sorted from there and prepared for processing. Natural coffees are dried on raised beds: It takes about 8–20 days for the Naturals to dry depending on the sun access and temperature.
This is great for a more daring espresso or an aromatic filter coffee.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Terroir: Beriti, Tore, Yirgacheffe / 1770masl
- Producer: 600 smallholder farmers
- Varietal: Heirloom Ethiopian varieties
- Processing: Natural
- Aroma: Black tea, herbal and floral notes
- Flavour: Honey sweetness with velvety smooth body
Los Dos Socios is a 10-manzana farm with 226 coffee trees on it. Coffees are picked and depulped the same day, then fermented dry for 18–24 hours before being washed three times and laidon patios and nylon tarps to dry for 3.5–6 days, weather depending. This coffee makes for a perfectly sweet and smooth espresso.
- Origin: Guatemala
- Terroir: El Chalum, La Libertad, Huehuetenango / 1700masl
- Producer: Concepción Villatoro Matías
- Varietal: Caturra, Pache, Pacamara
- Processing: Washed
- Aroma: Chocolate, raisin, sweet apple
- Flavour: Very sweet with citrus fruit
This coffee from Daterra Classics is perfect as a starting point in Specialty Coffee. It is easier to manage as an extraction in espresso and its sensory profile is very pleasant for any taste buds, as it is sweet, with a medium low acidity and a round syrupy body. It marries perfectly with cow’s milk as well as any kind of vegetal milk for its attenuated acidity will not interact negatively with the milk proteins.
- Origin: Brasil
- Terroir: Minas Gerais, Cerrado 1150 masl
- Farm: Daterra
- Variety: Catuai
- Process: Semi-washed
- Drying process: Patio, drum-drier
- Aroma: Intense, Sweet fruit, Hazelnuts
- Flavour: Sweet, Round body, Plum-like
This coffee from Huila makes for a very balanced espresso with chocolatey notes, but with a pleasant acidity making the cup more bright. Still the acidity is not that dominant, so it will work perfectly well as an espresso base in milk beverages.
- Origin: Colombia
- Terroir: Timana, Huila 1200 – 2200masl
- Farm: Various small farm holders
- Varietal: Caturra, Castillo, Colombia
- Processing: Washed
- Aroma: Toffee
- Flavour: Milk Chocolate, sweet citrus