There are about 600 producers in the region who are served by Beriti Washing Station, many of whom own less than 1 hectare of farmland on which they typically grow other crops like bananas and corn. The washing station was founded in the year 2000, and produces both Natural and Washed lots. Producers deliver the coffee in cherry form, and it will be sorted from there and prepared for processing. Natural coffees are dried on raised beds: It takes about 8–20 days for the Naturals to dry depending on the sun access and temperature.
This is great for a more daring espresso or an aromatic filter coffee.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Terroir: Beriti, Tore, Yirgacheffe / 1770masl
- Producer: 600 smallholder farmers
- Varietal: Heirloom Ethiopian varieties
- Processing: Natural
- Aroma: Black tea, herbal and floral notes
- Flavour: Honey sweetness with velvety smooth body