Rianjagi factory is owned and operated by the Rianjagi Farmers Cooperative Society, which was built in 1950 and currently has just over 1,500 member farmers.
Coffee is picked and delivered by the local farmers on the same day. Before fermenting, the coffee is sorted for quality. Then the cherries are depulped, left to ferment in water tanks overnight and washed with fresh river water the next day, then placed on drying tables.
This is a wonderful bright filter coffee.
- Origin: Kenya
- Terroir: Ngandori, Manyatta, Embu / 1605 – 1625masl
- Producer: 1,516 smallholder members of Rianjagi Farmers Cooperative Society
- Varietal: SL-28, SL-34, Ruiru 11, Batian
- Processing: Washed
- Aroma: Sweet strawberry and peach
- Flavour: Apple cider, bright acidity