Mario & Angelica´s farm is called “Los Milagros” because it helps their family earn a living. They not only grow coffee but also grow cabbage, carrots, lettuce, potatoes and more.
A walk through their farm helps you understand why it´s called The Miracles- because it produces wonders of vegetables and coffee. In fact they are transitioning from vegetables towards greater coffee production.
Their kids are Elmer Leandro and Yader Antonio. When asked why the are converting to coffee from vegetable
production, they responded that coffee farming is betterfor the land.
- Terroir:Jinotega, 1400 m.a.s.l.
- Producer:Mario & Angelica, members of the Gold Mountain Producers
- Varietal:Caturra, Red & Yellow Catuai
- Aroma:Apple, Cherry, Vanilla
- Flavour:Pear, Black Cherry, Apple
Gold Mountain Coffee Growers is a social enterprise that works directly with coffee producers in Nicaragua to connect them with roasters abroad. GMCG is on the ground, constantly teaming up with producers willing to take the steps necessary to produce high-cupping specialty coffee. They are literally present on every partner farm during picking to ensure ripeness with refractometers and ripeness bracelets. GMCG also carries out sustainable development projects in communities, such as free computing classes for girls from coffee communities, medical assistance, microcredit, running water in schools, and educational supplies.
- Origin: Nicaragua
- Terroir: Jinotega 1300 – 1600 masl
- Producer: Gold Mountain Coffee Growers
- Varietal: Caturra Red and Yellow, Catuai Red and Yellow, Bourbon, Pache
- Processing: Washed
- Aroma: Hazelnut, raisin
- Flavour: Red cherry, Apple, Cranberry