Gold Mountain Coffee Growers is a social enterprise that works directly with coffee producers in Nicaragua to connect them with roasters abroad. GMCG is on the ground, constantly teaming up with producers willing to take the steps necessary to produce high-cupping specialty coffee. They are literally present on every partner farm during picking to ensure ripeness with refractometers and ripeness bracelets. GMCG also carries out sustainable development projects in communities, such as free computing classes for girls from coffee communities, medical assistance, microcredit, running water in schools, and educational supplies.
- Origin: Nicaragua
- Terroir: Jinotega & Matagalpa 1200 – 1600 masl
- Producer: Gold Mountain Coffee Growers
- Varietal: Caturra, Catuai, Bourbon
- Processing: Washed
- Aroma: Hazelnut, raisin, cinnamon, black cherry
- Flavour: Chocolate fondue, honey, pecan with creamy body