Coffee Kids is a beautiful project from Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung for sustaining and helping young coffee farmers to stay in business, give them all the necessary knowledge to grow better coffee and live a better life. It is a way of giving the necessary skills to the young people for becoming entrepreneurs in the coffee community.
- Origin: Brasil
- Terroir: Minas Gerais, Cerrado 1250 masl
- Farm: Fazenda Dona Nenem
- Variety: Yellow Bourbon
- Process: Pulped natural
- Drying process: Sundried
- Aroma: Chocolate, Caramel, Hazelnuts
- Flavour: Cacao, Toffee, Dried plums and apricots
The farm is in hands of the Rodriguez – Luethje Family since 1959.
The initial road was built around 1965 to connect the farm with the town Union Juarez. Years of hard work had to be invested to rebuild the plantation and to modernize the wet and dry milling facilities. Nowadays the farm management takes care of weed control in a mainly manual way to protect the environment and the same goes for the shade management.
Muxbal recognizes that it is only with enough beneficial sun that they will get the optimum quantity and quality of the beans.
It is only with educated and well-prepared staff that all things work smoothly, from the picking of the ripe cherries, to the proper wet and dry process and many other activities required on the farm. Besides the housing and sanitary facilities, there is a school, a childcare nursery and a medical facility on the farm. Finca Muxbal is RFA certified, meaning it was produced following sustainable ecological and socio-economic criteria.
- Origin: Mexico
- Terroir: Chiapas, Tapachula, Tacaná Volcano 1500
- Producer: Rodriguez-Luethje family, Finca Muxbal
- Varietal: Catuai, Mondo Novo
- Processing: Washed
- Aroma: Ripe plum, molasses
- Flavour: Sweet milk chocolate, fresh citric acidity
This Yellow Bourbon is produced by Nazareth Pereira from the Fazenda Sertão, it is a fantastic example of how the Brazilian coffee producers are always more capable of growing interesting coffees for the specialty coffee world. This natural process coffee surprises with its extreme sweetness and a very clean low acidity, able to give you a very elegant and velvety cup of espresso.
Carmo de Minas is a part of the region of Sul de Minas that historically has been dominated by smaller coffee producers. The town of Carmo has a high number of specialty coffee producers.The harvest period is from late May until September.
- Origin: Brasil
- Terroir: Carmo de Minas, 1100-1450 masl
- Farm: Fazenda Sertao
- Producer: Nazareth Pereira and family
- Varietal: Yellow Borubon
- Processing: Natural
- Aroma: Honey and cereal
- Flavour: Milk chocolate and almonds
Huila has been blessed with a great combination of perfect soil and great geography for coffee cultivation, so the taste is always very clean and sweet. Even though fresh coffee is available throughout the year in Colombia, the main harvest period in this area is from September to December.
- Origin: Colombia
- Terroir: La Plata, Huila 1500 – 1800masl
- Farm: Crecert – Various small farm holders
- Varietal: Caturra, Castillo, Colombia
- Processing: Washed
- Aroma: Mandarin, peach, dark chocolate
- Flavour: Citrus, hibiscus, cocoa powder
ROAST: OMNIROAST (filter and espresso)
This coffee is naturally processed on raised African beds. Natural processing is a rarity in Kenya, which has built a fine reputation on the back of exceptional fully washed coffees. Ripe cherries are selectively harvested and floated to select only the ripest, highest quality cherries for processing. These cherries are placed in a single layer on raised drying beds and dried in the sun for up to 6 weeks. The cherries must be manually turned periodically every day to ensure an even drying and prevent mould formation. Once the coffee has reached its optimum moisture content it is rested before being hulled, graded further handpicked, and finally bagged in GrainPro for export.
- Origin: Kenya
- Terroir: Kiambu 1950 masl
- Producer: Kamundu Estate
- Variety: SL34
- Process: Natural
- Drying: Sundried on raised beds
- Aroma: Spices, macadamia nuts
- Flavour: Passionfruit, creamy body
- Last batches
Gold Mountain Coffee Growers is a social enterprise that works directly with coffee producers in Nicaragua to connect them with roasters abroad. GMCG is on the ground, constantly teaming up with producers willing to take the steps necessary to produce high-cupping specialty coffee.
- Origin: Nicaragua
- Terroir: Jinotega&Matagalpa, 1200-1600 masl
- Producer: Gold Mountain Coffee Growers
- Variety: Caturra, Catuai, Bourbon
- Process: Washed
- Aroma: Hazelnut, Raisin, Cinnamon, Black Cherry
- Flavour: Chocolate fondue, Honey, Pecan with Creamy body
This coffee from Chiapas has been treated without chemicals to extract caffeine from the beans in a more delicate and natural way with mountain water. The water solution is saturated with all coffee components except for caffeine, so caffeine is extracted by osmosis without affecting the flavours.
· Origin: Mexico, Chiapas
· Processing: Washed
· Decaffeination process: Mountain water process
· Aroma: Cereal, Sugar cane
· Flavour: Citric, Milk chocolate, Cookies